1. World Haiku Review Summer 2021, Shintai Haiku, Honourable Mention:
under a grape trellis along with the wine my life flows ブドウの格子垣の下で ワインと一緒に 私の人生は流れる It's mooving! my cat left me a present at the door 感動的！ 猫が私にプレゼントを残した 入り口で
2. World Haiku Review Summer 2021, Neo-classical Haiku, Zatsuei, Haiku of merit:
frost alert— plum trees wearing jute sack gowns 霜警報 梅の木は身に着けている ジュートのサックガウンを the last fire log old lady’s prayers shivering under a duvet 最後の焚き火用の丸太 震えるおばあさんの祈り 羽毛布団の下で
3. Asahi Shimbun Haikuist June.2021:
Spring organ roof tiles dance to bora's pipe 春のオルガン 屋根瓦が踊る ボラのパイプに合わせて *Bora is a strong, dry and cold, mossy (abruptly changing direction and speed) and turbulent wind from the mainland, which blows mostly along the eastern coast of the Adriatic Sea in the cold season. Sometimes the bora can reach speeds higher than 200 km/h.
4. First Prize. The Haiku Association “Three Rivers”, 17th “Pumpkin Festival” 2021:
blistering heat— under the pumpkin leaf a tiny oasis 猛暑 カボチャの葉の下 小さなオアシス
5. Failed Haiku Volume 6, Issue 66 and 67:
Needles vs Covid I weigh my fears in the waiting room 針vsコロナウイルス 私は自分の恐怖を量る 待合室で her perfume— out of dead silence whispers come 彼女の香水 沈黙から ささやきが出て来る
6. The Haiku Foundation, Haiku Dialogue June and October 2021:
speeding train— a railway weed catching a glimpse of shade 突っ走る電車 線路の雑草が捕らえている 微かに見える日陰を a lunch break— sharing bread crust with a crow 昼休み パンの皮を共有する カラスと ― Translated into Japanese by Hidenori Hiruta
Franjo Ordanić kindly and delightedly presented his four haiga to the World Haiku series 2021.
His picture and haiga in co-authorship with Ms. Sandra Šamec published this year.
– born in Laupheim, Germany, 1973
– lives and works in Oroslavje, Croatia
– Career: Master degree in Technical profession
– published – Japanese short literary forms, “The Scream of the Bearded Eagles” Oroslavje 2016
Franjo Ordanić is man of many interests; in the field of culture, arts and sports.
He was the founder of the aikido Club “Hohoemi”, himself Master of the 1st Dan.
He has taken part in creating a musical “Green Wealth”.
He has been founding and organizing a number of cultural manifestations in his county.
Among others he organizes an annual meeting of the haiku poets in Oroslavje with a contest in Croatian and the Kajkavian language.
He paints. “All inclusive” and “tu doma sem taki” are the names of his haiga exhibition in co-authorship with Ms. Sandra Šamec, the photographer. He writes haiku for several years.