drifting clouds the thought of going home lingers (The Mainichi, January 25, 2021) 漂う雲 家に帰る思いに ずっとふける the stillness of a heron's nest winter moon (Wales Haiku Journal, January 30, 2021) 静けさ サギの巣に 冬の月 mother’s tombstone emerges from the fallen leaves a cicada (Honorable Mention – The 24th Mainichi Haiku Contest) 母の墓石 落ち葉から出てくる 蝉 afternoon breeze leading my way back home echoes of the shamisen (Chrysanthemum – Issue 29 – April 2021) 午後のそよ風 家に帰る道を導く 三味線の響き misty morning the brittle echo of a gull’s cry (Cold Moon Journal – May 19, 2021) 霧の深い朝 かん高い響き カモメの叫び winter dawn the air rattles with sparrows (The Heron Nest – June 2021) 冬の夜明け 空気がさっと動く スズメと共に a maple leaf in father’s diary spring gust (Asahi Haikuist Network – June 4, 2021) カエデの葉 父の日記に 春の突風 pattering rain the muezzin call deepens within me (The Bamboo Hut – No. 2, 2021) パラパラと降る雨 ムエジンの呼び声が深まる 心の中に forest walks another part of me (Frogpond – Volume 44:2) 森歩きは私の分身 gardenia the imperfect scent of the past (First Place in World Haiku Review – Summer 2021 – August 2021) クチナシ 不完全な香り 過去の ― Translated into Japanese by Hidenori Hiruta
Mr. Agus Maulana Sunjaya kindly and delightedly presented three photos to the World Haiku Series 2021.
My third-person biography is below:
Agus Maulana Sunjaya was born in Jakarta, on August 26, 1970. He resides in Tangerang with his wife, Sarah, and daughters: Yasmina, Hana, Humaira, and Ghaida.
His works have been published in Wales Haiku Journal, Frogpond, Chrysanthemum, Akitsu Quarterly, NHK Master, The Mainichi, The Asahi Haikuist Network, ESUJ, and other notable journals.
Agus began writing haiku in 2017. He is an experienced physic teacher who loves to spend weekends with family and books. A coffee lover and really enjoy the smell and taste of mangoes and persimmon, and of course, watching butterflies.
1. Barking Mad (editor: Corine Timmer; Bicadeideias – Portugal, 2018)
2. Wind Flowers: The Red Moon Anthology of English-Language Haiku 2019 (editor: Jim Kacian; Red Moon Press – USA, 2019)
3. All the Way Home: Aging in Haiku (editor: Robert Epstein; Middle Island Press – USA, 2019)
4. Rattled (editor: Corine Timmer, Bicadeideias – Portugal, 2020)
5. Bull-Headed (editor: Corine Timmer, Bicadeideias – Portugal), 2021)
1. Commendation in the 8th Polish International Haiku Competition 2018
2. Honorable Mention in Little IRIS haiku contest 2018
3. Third Prize in the Ninth Edition Sharpening the Green Pencil Haiku Contest – 2020